#0-- Introduction to me

    Hello! I'm Hailey Roberts and welcome to my blog: Words of the (not so) Wiser. This initial post is here to let everyone here learn a little about who I am so you all can be familiarized with my writing style, and to help everyone receive a little more context into each of the posts I write moving forward (the context being more of my interests, things I am passionate about, strengths/weaknesses and how they show in each topic I write about, etc.).

One of the better, if not best pictures of myself; from my senior photos I took last spring.

    So, a little bit about me and my main interests: This is my first semester in college, and first semester at GCC. It's already starting to feel a little overwhelming as my learning style, strengths, and weaknesses are NOT ideal for the college environment I am in. I am working on getting adjusted to this way of learning and trying to develop good habits and routines to keep me going and on track. Especially to work towards my degree and to retain the scholarship I have been given. 

    I am working towards and Associate in Arts, emphasis on creative writing. Given my major, it's clear that I have an interest and creating and writing stories. I've always dreamt of pursuing my passion of becoming a writer since I was a little fifth grader writing short stories in a red notebook. In addition to writing, my dream of writing stems from the love of reading I've had since I learned how to. I adore a good story and love reading, particularly fantasy books at a middle-grade or YA level.

    Outside of those main hobbies of mine, I also enjoy drawing when I can. I don't practice as much as I used to anymore but I still enjoy starting a new piece on my drawing app every once in a while to get my creativity flowing and to practice getting better at it. Other things I like to do include spending time with friends, video games, and watching video essays that talk about internet drama, analogue horror, and those that analyze an animated or popular movie.

    Now for some other facts about me that are outside my interests! I am the oldest child in a family of six, with three younger siblings. Although we have moved around cities, I have always lived in Arizona and have been used to the dry, desert heat. My family also has two little dogs that I adore immensely. Tater is a pug we have had for a little over three years who we got as a puppy. He is very cuddly and soft, and has a lot of little mannerisms that make him similar to an old man. Eddie is our other dog, we rescued him a little over a year ago and he has been quite a handful. He is a mixed breed but from his looks and behavior, he is likely Chihuahua mixed with Jack Russell. His tail wags frequently, he is very talkative, and he gets into trouble often. Given my extensive description, it is clear I really love my dogs, as I spend a lot of time keeping them company and playing with them.

An Image of Tater (Right) and Eddie (Left) in the grass.

    Some other fun facts about me include that I have always been strangely good at directions. Once I familiarize myself with a place, I use landmarks and road signs to visually remember where I am. There have even been times when I was a kid where I guided family members lost on the road back to familiarity. Another fact was that I was involved in my High School's theatre department and hung out with a lot of my friends through there. I did exclusively tech (painting sets) for two years then did tech and acting for one and had a lot of fun. 

    My favorite type of food has to be Asian food, especially since I have a decent spice tolerance and love spicy foods. I also recently developed an extreme sweet tooth and delight in eating all kinds of sugary foods and desserts, despite it not being very good for me health-wise. 

    My favorite video game is Sky; children of the light. I mainly play on mobile but there are other platforms as well. I highly recommend playing it as it is such a beautiful little game with a very positive and wholesome community! Here is a link to their webpage if you are interested in learning more about it: https://www.thatskygame.com/

    Another thing to note about me is that I come across a lot more extroverted and social in writing opposed to in real life. I find that I can be a reserved, shy, socially awkward person that takes some time and effort to come out of my shell in a group of people. I have some struggles that make starting friendships and socializing a bit more difficult, which make me cherish my friends I do have even more.

    My goals from this class is to strengthen my writing and learn a lot of valuable skills that will help me as an aspiring writer. My goals for my first semester is to maintain grades that keep me eligible for my scholarship. And my big goals in life are to fully pursue my passion of writing, and to have a family of my own someday. That's all about me, I hope you gained insight on who I am as a person and I hope it will help you get additional context on my future blog posts.

Thank you for reading!



Comments

  1. Hi Hailey, Reading your blogs is really fun. Your attention to details, expressive composition takes the readers into a whole new world of imagination. That, my friend, is the best compliment a writer can achieve. Your ability to transform ideas and stitching them together so the readers can join the amazing journey you are embarking and navigate the experiences through your lens. I will certainly keep an eye out for your blogs to learn perhaps, adopt your composition style to improve mine.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment